Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gomen'nasai

I'm sorry Abbu, I couldn't be there. At the end. No, that was a lie. I could've been there, I just wasn't. I didn't catch the bus home on the day before. I didn't do it until it was far too late.

I'm sorry I rarely listened to your advices at one period. That period of time when I believed in my own intellectual superiority so much, disregarded almost everything you said.

I'm sorry all those times you made the trip to Dhaka just to meet us, I didn't make more time for you.

I'm sorry I put off going home during vacation for as much as I did.

I'm sorry that those times that I did go, I didn't spend more time with you and Ammu. Didn't wake up in time to have breakfast with you. Didn't distract myself from my own little world for enough time to maybe do some of the things you suggested.


I'm sorry Abbu, I haven't changed. I'm still hurting Ammu much in the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment