Thursday, November 21, 2019

Star Wars



They used to do the original trilogy reruns on Star Movies when I was a kid. Me and Bhaiya would go crazy about them. I don't even think I understood much beyond "hey cool light swords and aliens" around the first time, to be honest.

So probably I began "understanding" the Star Wars mythology and everything later on, between the release of Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. By RotS, I had become this proper SW "stan", as they say this days. Did I think Anakin was a worse protagonist than Luke? Yes. Did I hate Jar Jar Binks? Yes. But did I hate the prequel trilogy? No, not really. I mean, yeah I'll occasionally bash them for the weird plot points and shit but still, teenage me loved the hell out of those things.

Then, by the time the sequel trilogy came along, I was actually a grownup. I've had my time to create "higher" expectations from a eff-ing space opera. I got into the whole web interactions thing, where just watching a movie wasn't enough, dissecting it, "theorizing" about it, then getting mad when the theories didn't become true, then getting mad at other people for spewing nonsense.

Damn, being a SW fan has become complicated. Anyhow, as we near the end of the sequel trilogy, I feel like, this once I'd like to forget all the shit. I'd like to just go, watch the movie, and enjoy some good old space opera.

One last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment